The Kink Laboratory
Domination and submission is an energy exchange, a power exchange, a dance where power is the rhythm. In many partner dances, like tango or salsa, one partner surrenders, while the other leads. And as with any skill, ease and grace comes from learning the foundations, the structure and the styles.
In this play-lab (not “work”-“shop”), you will learn the basic guiding principles within BDSM, the skills and the attitude behind the play. From these building blocks, you will be able to continue your exploration, expanding your knowledge at your own pace to find your unique style. Couples or singles are welcome. Single participants will be paired up and take turns in leading and surrendering. This is a laboratory of touch, where we will explore body sensations and sensuality with an open mind. Kink is not “FORE-play”, it is simply play. It CAN but does not HAVE to lead to erotic arousal. You can go as far as it is comfortable for you.
Among the topics to be covered are:
– Safety Parameters
– Negotiations & establishing boundaries
– Dominant and submissive archetypes: Role plays
– Fetishes & Kinky games: The BDSM “Menu”
– Body awareness & Presence
– Aftercare; the closure of play
– Basic BDSM techniques, including sensation & texture play, spanking & other manual play, and impact (soft and rigid).
Prerequisites: There are no pre-requisites to participating. If you wish to get even more from this workshop, it is recommended you also attend:
The Boundary and Consent workshop with Araminta Bardour : https://tasteoflove.com.au/session/boundaryconsentworkshop/
The Meditative Spanking workshop with Jesse: https://tasteoflove.com.au/session/meditativespanking/
What to bring & wear:
– An open mind
– Bottle of water
– If you have a whip/crop/flogger or other kinky toy, bring it (even if you are still unsure how to use it)!
– If you don’t own any toys yet, there will be some available for practicing at the workshop (and for sale during the festival).
– Any questions you may have about BDSM & fetish.
– Wear clothes in which you feel comfortable, confident and sensual. This is not a dress code. It’s to inspire your mindset for the class.
– Swimwear or undergarments*
*As this is an introductory class, nudity will not be permitted. However, for the experiential part, stripping down to bra and underpants is encouraged for better skin contact. You may bring swimwear if that feels more comfortable for you.
Interactive and Experiential parts
This workshop (play-lab) aims for 80-90% physical participation after a short introduction about kinky toys and how to use them safely. Participants will be guided in sensation play, spanking and light impact play exercises. They will also have the opportunity to share their experience in small groups and to ask practical questions about BDSM and kink.
Core Benefits for Participants of this Session
- The range of play: from kink sprinkles to 24-7 relationships
- The anatomy of kink scene: How to establish a fetish container
- The Negotiation Lists, setting up a framework for safe play
- Playing with sensations & intensity: Reframing our view of “pain”
- Introduction to kinky toys and how to use them safely
- Toy shopping guide (quality, price, what to look for)
Indicator Bars and Inclusivity
Please self select according to your level of interest and willingness to be challenged.